Iran’s foreign minister on Monday criticized the United States and Israel for not taking the threat of military action against Tehran off the table following the landmark nuclear deal between Iran and world powers.
The official IRNA news agency quoted Iran’s top diplomat, Mohammad Javad Zarif, as saying the military option remains a very hazardous idea.
“Applying force … is not an option but an unwise and dangerous temptation,” he said. Yet, Zarif added, “there are people who talk about illegal and illegitimate application of force” for their own purposes.
He called the nuclear deal reached last week a “victory of diplomacy over war and violence.”
Zarif did not single out any specific country but his remarks came a day after U.S. Defense Secretary Ash Carter said during a visit to Israel that the accord imposes no limits on what Washington can do to ensure the security of Israel and U.S. Arab allies.
Carter also said the deal “does nothing to prevent … the U.S. military option.” read more…
‘West Promised to Defend Iran’s March to the Bomb’
Israeli officials responded with outrage on Monday to a detail hidden in the back of the Iran nuclear deal signed last Tuesday, according to which theWest will train Iran to defend its nuclear facilities from sabotage.
“The US needs to defend Iran from an attack on its march to an Iranian (nuclear) bomb, because of the excuse that the nuclear (facilities) are for civilian purposes?,” fumed a senior Israeli diplomat at the Prime Minister’s Office quoted by Israel Hayom.
Significantly, all of Iran’s nuclear facilities are classified as civilian, regardless of the actual covert activities being conducted at the sites.
As revealed by Arutz Sheva last Wednesday, article 10 on page 142 of the 159-page deal contains a highly problematic clause, according to which the “E3/EU+3” – another designation for the P5+1 countries consisting of the US, UK, France, Germany, Russia and China, as well as the EU – will train Iran to block sabotage. read more…